Remedy Intelligent Staffing is hiring for an experienced Registered Nurse RN who can take the skillset they have and grow it into a fantastic career as a Clinical Oversight and Quality Manager with our valued client.
Shift: Day Shift – but must be flexible with work hours and days
Location: This position will be traveling within one of the following counties to vaccine sights to provide oversight: Butte/Yuba, CA
*A rental vehicle will be provided for travel.
Job Duties of the Clinical Oversight and Quality Management Leader:
- The Clinical Quality Assurance Oversight and Management is responsible for guiding, supporting, and overseeing test team site clinical leaders and clinicians to ensure compliance with established policies and protocols, ensuring participant and staff safety and safe clinical practice for specimen collection and administration of COVID vaccines. Responsible to Associate Director, National Response Program.
- Apply extensive knowledge of testing and vaccine administration operations and clinical experience to accurately assess sites focusing on infection prevention/control and specimen collection and testing processes, and vaccine administration.
- Provide constructive, effective correction to team leader and team members as needed to mitigate issues related to quality of testing processes and safety of staff and test participants.
- Communicate with site “Super EOAs” to optimize consistency of guidance provided to test site team leaders.
- Conduct on site and virtual surveillance of test site processes, complete surveillance surveys, deposit in designated repository and use surveillance data as well as observations to identify test site performance improvement opportunities.
- Build collaborative, trusting relationships with site team leaders. Support development of team leader leadership and management skills and confidence enabling excellent team performance and customer relations.
- Recognize situations that may negatively impact operational efficiency or safety and escalates as needed to appropriate responsible office/person in a timely manner when unable to resolve at test site team level.
- Understand and enforce legal/regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA, CLIA), policies and processes.
- Work with Clinical Specialists and Associate Director, National Response Program communicating results of site surveillance/audits and developing and implementing performance improvement in clinical practice and infection control initiatives as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a registered nurse working in a clinical environment, preferred
- 1 year of management experience leading clinical operations and evidence-based clinical practice in a client (patient) and customer-facing organization
- Experience interfacing with team members and clients as part of a solutions-based team
- Proven ability to supervise, coach and develop subordinate leaders and staff using excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software
- Ability and willingness for travel to test team sites as needed
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA and other state/federal healthcare requirements and regulations
- Unrestricted registered nurse license in state of practice
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Retirement Plan
- Free Online Skill Classes
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Clinical Oversight and Quality Management opening!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!